nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Life of PTC-PTF
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:19 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

I just have a quick question regarding PTC-PTF. How many years of life are left in these classes?

I see the trend to move the ST classes downward to take over PT. I'm just curious as to how much longer PTC-PTF will exist. I'm trying to come up with a five year plan. One of my cars can currently live in TTC/PTC and my other option can probably do ok in D-F. It would be nice if whatever one I end up building will still be legal and competitive 5 years down the line.

Post subject: Re: Life of PTC-PTF
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:22 pm 
Postmeister in Chief
Postmeister in Chief

Salvisol wrote:
I just have a quick question regarding PTC-PTF. How many years of life are left in these classes?

I see the trend to move the ST classes downward to take over PT. I'm just curious as to how much longer PTC-PTF will exist. I'm trying to come up with a five year plan. One of my cars can currently live in TTC/PTC and my other option can probably do ok in D-F. It would be nice if whatever one I end up building will still be legal and competitive 5 years down the line.

The plan is for all of them to change in '18. If possible, we will try to get a draft of the '18 rules out as soon as possible in '17, but from past experience I can tell you that the intentions are always there, and the execution is difficult.

They are moving to Dyno based classing, but more restrictive than ST4, and with vehicle specific Modification Factors to attempt to provide some equalization between OEM chassis/bodies/engineering (as the PT rules do now). The reason PTC is using the ST4 formula for Adjusted Wt/HP Ratio this year at 14.5:1, is that we expect the next class to be around that level.

greg@nasa-tt.com