nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:35 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

I finally bought a track car after looking at what it was costing me to track the Viper as much I was. After considering a lot of options, I ordered a TR, and talked a friend into ordering one as well. We picked them up from 600 racing a couple of weeks ago and have been going through them and familiar with everything, adding the electronics, getting them ready for coolsuit systems, etc.
Now we are ready to start with the corner weighting and suspension/alignment set-up. Can anyone give me a good baseline in terms of caster/camber/toe, panhard settings, cold tire pressure, etc? I know we'll have to run them and make adjustments depending on personal preference and driving style, but a good baseline would make it whole lot easier.

I know we can ask the guys running them at the track, but we would like to have them pretty well set-up when we get to the track, and I'm not sure how much we'll be running with NASA this year. We're planning on running HPDE's with a lot different groups at different tracks this year to get the feel for the cars and then run the TR series with NASA in 2014.

Full Throttle Racing Thunder Roadster (#77)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:33 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Everyone runs a slightly different set up but start with about -3 degree's of camber, and about 2 to 3 of caster with the top leaning back, (old age I can't remeber if that's positive or neg.) about a 1/16 of an inch toe out and the panhard bar about 3" up on the frame, 18lbs cold in front and 16 lbs cold is rear. That should get you close. Keep in mind that if the rear is not stepping out you are not driving it hard enough.
We would be delighted for you guys to come jion us in the South SE. We have over 20 active roadster racing with 10 to 15 showing up at every race.

#61 Thunder Roadster
2011 STR2 South East Champion
SE Thunder Roadster Director

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:58 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Thanks Darrel!

That at least gives us a base set-up to tweak from.

Full Throttle Racing Thunder Roadster (#77)