nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 am 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

I was a bit disappointed. Seems like a good concept but might be better without the comedian and all the trash talk.......not that I have anything against the trash talk but maybe a little less.....and/or a little funnier. Personally I'd like to hear more about the car, the driver, and the track.....and then more footage of the actual race and less of Reep. Maybe a little more like Pinks or Pass Time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:13 pm 
Postmeister
Postmeister

I think some of the trash talk banter was ok, but it does go to far.
The one lap race is a joke, should be 2 and the final 3, and I have to wonder if anyone gets any practice, let the Imports go out for practice and the Muscle go out, runs some laps and establish some times.
And like pinks, pair them up based on lap times and run them all out with an acceptable break out since it's harder to dial in a consistent lap time vs a 1/4 mile time.

It's about time we got a show on Road Racing and the show has potential, pass time wasn't very good when it started but it got better. Pinks all out was better when Nate and his brother were on it, little to much like a reality show now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:14 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

I like it just the way it is, right now anyways. It's something new. It's good for Road Racing for sure. I think the concept is good and the trash talk is a must have.

My only gripe so far has been everyone dodging Joel. It would also have been nice if all of the Rednecks had ample track time before the shooting started. It's clear as many of them come into T1 that they either haven't been on that track (or that configuration at least) or they haven't been on street tires on that track. It's embarrassing.....

PTE 1995 Nissan 200SX SE-R #33
ST3 2012 Nismo 370Z (Company car)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:19 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

I agree that the trash talk is a little over the top. My other gripe is that they should use the full course for the finals. Kinda gives a hell of an advantage to the inside guy as there is only one left hand turn on the short track.

It is kinda fun to see how many NASA SE guys are on the show. Were my eyes mistaken that Sonny was on this week in his WRX?

3rd Shift Motorsports PTE/SM Miata #67
NASA-SE Instructor
http://www.calrewire.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:22 pm 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

I like it. I'm sure it's already done filming, but the rednecks need to learn patience. Why pile it into the sandtrap in T1 when you can rail by on the straight with 400 more hp.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:25 pm 
Postmeister General
Postmeister General

Just reminds you Ken Squier needs to be back in the NASCAR booth to replace the morons doing it currently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcYnIDfDeQc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:33 pm 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

drivinhardz06 wrote:
Just reminds you Ken Squire needs to be back in the NASCAR booth to replace the morons doing it currently

I don't think Reep is funny at all. Maybe Jeff Foxworthy or even Mike Rowe would be good (but probably too expensive). But Squire playing the straight guy IS funnier than anyone else.

Agree that the full course would have more action. Maybe that will come later. I'd really like the show to take off. I'd watch every episode if they spent more time on the cars (especially the vintage American cars) and the actual racing. And maybe some writers who can come up with something other than "kick-yer-a$$". :lol:

Has Detroit Speed had a car on there yet? That needs to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:49 pm 
Postmeister
Postmeister

Quote:
I don't think Reep is funny at all.

When he made the comment about the slap and DQ I though he was at his humble best. He doesn't need to be over the top to be good at it.
He's kind of the Larry the Cable guy with cars, just tone it down a little and I think he could make a good MC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:07 pm 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

I totally egnore the rednecks with volume down and just watch the cars ,decides the cars are the stars.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:26 pm 
Postmeister
Postmeister

I watched the first episode hoping to see Joel and some others, couldn't stand the BSery of it all, and have not watched it since.

$T3/TT3 C5Z06 #01
David Farmer prepped, PCM of NC tuned, CMD Automotive maintained

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next