nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:25 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

First: Happy St. Patrick's Day! I have my green plaid shirt on as I write this. And GO Redwings! ACK, I AM MISSING THE GAME!

OK, back in the saddle for 2009 rallying after a long hiatus for work and business. I thought I would get some info about 2009 Rally WV plans out to the you guys and gals here. I
(Please be forewarned that I run a business, have to prioritize that, and travel lot for business, and so this thread can rage on for a week without me getting an opportunity to get back to it. So please have patience. My contact info is below for direct contact if needed.)

Tentative Rally WV event date is either: July 31- Aug 1 as published in the NRS and USRC sites; or, this may change to Aug 7-8 as there are some local VFD conflicts with the original date. NOTE: this has been changed to Aug 7-8.

As for general route & stage descriptions presented below, these are the current plans as submitted to the WVDOH. They are subject to approval by the raod owners. There are a few other parties who have to agree on facilities use, etc, so this has some small % chance of changing.

- This is planned as a 2 day event.
- It is all gravel stages, in the mountains.
- The bikes start about noon on Friday and the same 6 stages as the cars. The cars follow 50 minutes after. We have 2 layouts of 6 stages for Friday; one uses 2 roads 3 times each and the other 3 roads for 2 times each. Total Friday miles is 33-36 miles.The final choice depends on the replies and if we run into local land owner issues or VFD time conflicts.
- The Friday main location is the Elkins Airport. It can be hot out on the tarmac so be prepared with shade. We may throw in a short stage on an airport runway to give the airport a show and entertain the service crews. The airport is doing this to promote their visibility in the community so we owe them this.
- The bikes start Saturday at 7:30 AM ,and the cars at 8:20. (You get to sleep in!). The route is very similar to 2008 Saturday except that we plan one less stage road, the one tht keeps getting shortened (a local farmer issue). [Saturday] Stage mileage is about 55 miles. The biker fatigue relative to guys sitting in cars is higher. and that is a safety concern to me, which favors having the bikes shut down a bit earlier. The bikes finish after 5 PM and the cars after 7 PM. YOU ARE RUNNING TURKEYBONE ROAD 3 TIMES THIS YEAR. (Everybody's favorite stage!)
- The Saturday main location should be Tygarts Valley High School In Mill Creek. (This permission has to be obtained.)
- We may have one 'by the road' fuel stop on Friday for the cars. This is TBD.
- Bikes run at 30 second intervals to meet overall time constraints. Cars run at 1 minute intervals.
- Registration is on Thursday with a small window Friday AM for late tech. We ask that you use the Thursday time windows for registration, please.
- Regular entry fee for cars is the same as 2007-08: $795. There is a Saturday only entry option for cars.
- Entry limits are set at 40 bikes and 40 cars.
- We would like to get at least 25 cars and bikes each.
- If we get enough entries over break-even, we want to offer a prize fund, in some combination of overall and class prizes and/or finisher's fund.

Hope this helps in your 2009 event planning. Thanks to all who have supported us and plan to come in 2009!

Regards,
Mark B.
Rallly WV
540-447-0281
mark.bowers@rallywv.com

Last edited by starion887 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:32 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

We are very much looking forward to attending this event this year and anxious to get some gravel time!

Please keep us updated on the possible change of dates.

Thanks,
_billy

www.brokenmotorsports.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:05 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

starion887 wrote:
- This is planned as a 2 day event.

starion887 wrote:

- Registration is on Thursday with a small window Friday AM for late tech. We ask that you use the Thursday time windows for registration, please.

Sorry, Mark. But IMHO these 2 statement are in conflict. Unless you will have registration open at 11 PM on Thursday, it's not possible for me to leave work at 4 PM on Thursday, make a 6 hour tow and register (or tech) Thursday. And my company (yes I know it sucks, but them's the stupid rules they have) won't allow me to take 1/2 day vacations so I either take another whole day of which I have few, or plead for Friday early morning registration and tech (which you did for me last year, but I hate to always have to be bending the rules). There's gotta be a better way.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:55 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

I am sure this will be accomodated, Don. Just keep tuned to see the supps and the final registration time windows for the event, and we'll work something out if need be, so that no one has to unreasonable take off an extra day. We're very good about that. Note that the event will start a bit earlier in Friday this year, to accomodate the bikes running on Friday.

See you there!
Mark B.