nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:45 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

List updated through TWS October 2016. See you all next year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:55 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

The question I posed and the point of my overall comment is that the rule is crazy unless it does clearly what it's designed to do. Which as said is to discourage hits for any reason including underinvestment or poor maintenance. If in the interest of transparency the hitter is treated the same way as the "hittee" for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, then it removes the point of racing. I grant you and agree that I too do not want to be on track with a Designated Hitter and I suppose that if someone is being hit often enough,not here is a good chance that he/she is part of the problem. But that's what Stewards are for unless we are also saying that our events are no longer able to attract qualified Stewards and so we cannot or should not have to depend on their discipline to act as a deterrent and hit the competitive spirit as well and instead.
In retrospect, my earlier comments were over the top, too much coffee! But having been hit in the rear while exiting the track with a technical problem in TT because I had passed the hitter, I have learned that there is no accounting for bad judgement with points.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:52 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

First edition of 2017 is now available.

I used last year's spreadsheet, just added a Tab for 2017. So, the 2016 info is still available, if you choose to click on the 2016 tab.

Here is the url,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... EI/pubhtml

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:57 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Nothing for Cyclone at Cresson?

#920 TT2 GT3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:25 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Updated through TWS, April 2017.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:41 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

The major flaw with this system of points is there is no real recourse to bad calls made by the race group director. They can be very bias to in region guys vs out of region guys, frequently listed as a racing incident as compared to at fault for out of region guys. Totally a waste of time to show up to Texas region events due to the very bad officiating. I have been in four different regions this year and the general conciseness is don't race with those Texas guys.

Appeals in writing were not even followed up on or responded to.

Team UBR #75 AI
Team UBR #76 AI (or what ever)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:50 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

T&A Racing wrote:
The major flaw with this system of points is there is no real recourse to bad calls made by the race group director. They can be very bias to in region guys vs out of region guys, frequently listed as a racing incident as compared to at fault for out of region guys. Totally a waste of time to show up to Texas region events due to the very bad officiating. I have been in four different regions this year and the general conciseness is don't race with those Texas guys.

Do you have any videos that you'd be willing to post where you think the rulings were incorrect? I think the court of public opinion is one avenue for recourse. I have only driven with Texas region and didn't realize that we have a bad reputation among other regions.

2017 NASA TX TT3 Champion
2014-2016 NASA TX TT3 Runner-up

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:31 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

Clavette wrote:
T&A Racing wrote:

Do you have any videos that you'd be willing to post where you think the rulings were incorrect? I think the court of public opinion is one avenue for recourse. I have only driven with Texas region and didn't realize that we have a bad reputation among other regions.

I don't really have the energy for that, it is water under the bridge but just a cautionary note for those thinking about joining your crash fest. I am pretty sure the region publishes its own video at least for cmc and AI of tons of wrecks. We won't be back until the leadership changes.

Team UBR #75 AI
Team UBR #76 AI (or what ever)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:34 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

T&A Racing wrote:
I have been in four different regions this year and the general conciseness is don't race with those Texas guys.
That doesn't help anybody at all.

T&A Racing wrote:

There's two issues that should not be conflated.

1) If there's an issue with Texas AI/CMC make sure you're spoken to the person you have an issue with - disagreement may remain but both sides will have been heard.

2) There is no excuse for a valid appeal having not been handled according to the CCR. If Will can't or won't get you color (which is not my personal experience) then you should reach out to the National office.

CMC #39
2009 Texas ROTY
It's not maroon any more...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:08 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

T&A Racing wrote:

This is not surprising. I have not run with Texas at all, but I tried to, and was not able to for this reason. I called multiple times, and e-mailed multiple times, and all I ever got was a facebook response that said "we're busy, try later in the month" That was two weeks away from an event.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next