Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:28 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

petemac wrote:
secu wrote:
IMO, the only way to grid by class, is to have separate green flags for each class or a couple classes at most, so 2-3 waves of cars (which is what the other regions that grid by class do). The example Pete gave is why it wouldn't really work.

That said, the vast majority of drivers aren't going for the overall win, nor do they care about it, so I am all for trying to grid by class, just not in a single wave. If a SM, SE30, or GTS3 gets the overall win in their run group, all that means is there were some bad cars/drivers in the other classes haha.

You are 100% right Sean. The multiple green flag start is the right/safe way to do it, and is how other regions do it. If not you end up with my example which can be a tricky situation.

I can never understand why everyone compares NASA Racing to GRAND AM so much. We are NASA, NOT GRAND AM.

Change is not a good thing, fine tune the system that we have been using.

Every race weekend should be with less problems. Learn from mistakes, i see that happening. Which is good for everyone.

Multiple green flag starts is the right/safe way, if done correctly. Multiple pace cars at Thunderbolt for the last event on saturday was really poor. The second pace car was too far back causing the first green flag leaders to catch up with field within a lap. Pace car drivers should have a good understanding of racing and have communication with the other pace car and the race director.

Blue flags do not have to be used for only slow cars. How about thowing a few to fast cars driven slowly interfering with in class racing?

Looking forward to a smooth, safe and fast 2013 for everyone.

Peter Thibault