Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 2016 March NCM Schedule
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:35 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B32ZOi ... ef=2&pli=1

So we really are trimming Sunday to only 1 race, that being a long 45min race, just so people can go home early?
:(

Any thoughts on maybe eliminating the 20min warm up and having 2x 30min races instead?
Or maybe do 2x races on Sat and 1x on Sun, like reverse of a normal 3-race weekend schedule?
Or just leave the 3-race schedule as normal and let whoever needs to go home early.... well, go home early.
Or some other idea to make the schedule a little more attractive?

I don't know about the other series, but most of our actions seems to happen in the first 20min or so. Unless you're able to find someone to race with for the full 45min, I can see drivers getting stuck doing practice laps the last 15-20 min when their class gets spread out, or if it's a smaller class count.

Maybe I'm off base with this, but I'd much rather make the financial and time sacrifice to race that weekend by having MORE races than less.

#59 - Todd Johnston - Great Lakes CMC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:01 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

I agree that going down to 2 sessions on Sunday with a 20 minute qualifying and a 45 minute race is very undesirable to say the least.

First, with only two sessions on Sunday, we have less opportunity to fix or modify things with the car. Plus, if something goes wrong with the car in either of the sessions or if a session is lost due to an accident, you are now down to one session per day.

Second, a 45 minute race is very long and hard on both the car and driver. With such a long race everything and everyone will be tested to the max. Besides huge loads for a very extended time on the car, the drivers will be put to the ultimate test. By the end of the race, especially when it's hot, drivers will be physically and mentally drained and the chances of costly mistakes will go up exponentially.

Third, as Todd indicated, most of the best racing takes place in the beginning of the race. As the race goes on, people make little slips here and there and get spread out. In most circumstances, the majority of the actually racing will be over and people will be logging laps.

Based upon the proposed schedule, I have decided not to attend this event and probably won't attend any of the weekends that include this schedule. I, personally, cannot justify 7 hours of driving in each direction, plus the cost of the weekend, for 5 sessions on track.

CMC2 #24 Heavy Impact Motorsports
Sponsors: Cassidy Tire & Service and TiresDirect.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:48 pm 
Postmeister
Postmeister

I imagine it is challenging to try and appeal to as many potential racers/drivers as possible.
I'm likely not the typical racer, but I'm sure there are some in a similar situation. At this time, I can only make a few weekends per season. So, I like the idea of getting the most out of any given event that I attend and likely will choose events accordingly.
That said, I'm sure others who's goal was to get an early start back home, could elect to leave and skip a 3rd race.

#12 CMC Midwest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:51 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

FWIW, I like the schedule as is.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:59 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

When will the registration list be posted? The fact that it isn't up concerns me that no one is going.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:31 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Entry List is on Registration page, top left,under event name, The Bourbon Barrel