nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Comp school?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:48 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

When will there be a comp school? I plan on running the NCM event next month in HPDE 3 and hopefully look to jump to TT by Sunday

Post subject: Re: Comp school?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:55 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Registration for NCM shows Comp School is on 3/19. You don't need Comp School for TT, just Race classes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:09 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Where can I find a schedule of comp schools? Hopefully I can prove enough to the race director to let me run TT on Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:59 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

You don't need comp school for TT, you want to contact the TT director Joe Sullivan. You can find his email on the Midwest or Great Lakes sites on the contact us page under the Press Room tab. TT normally requires advancement to HPDE 4 before being granted a provisional TT license, the director can provide you more information. You will also need to class your car (unless you run in TTU).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:55 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Thanks. I plan on starting my racing career this year and wanted to know about the comp schools as well. Thanks everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:18 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

So due to having to replace my BCM, I'll have to miss NCM. I see there's another one in April at Gateway. If I sign up for comp school, can I also sign up for the races as well or will I have to wait until Mid-Ohio?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:41 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

BabyFerrariRacing wrote:
So due to having to replace my BCM, I'll have to miss NCM. I see there's another one in April at Gateway. If I sign up for comp school, can I also sign up for the races as well or will I have to wait until Mid-Ohio?

The Gateway event is a Central Region hosted event. In the past the Comp School included racing on Sunday, as you are in the school all day Saturday. Your best bet is to contact the Central Region Director, Matt Rivard mrivard@drivenasa.com

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:26 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

TLeroux wrote:
You don't need comp school for TT, you want to contact the TT director Joe Sullivan. You can find his email on the Midwest or Great Lakes sites on the contact us page under the Press Room tab. TT normally requires advancement to HPDE 4 before being granted a provisional TT license, the director can provide you more information. You will also need to class your car (unless you run in TTU).

time trial unlimited? what can one expect when having an unlimited car but not at the class of other unlimiteds? like will a million dollar unlimited be pissed to see a unlimited miata ahead of it?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:48 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

synolimit wrote:
TLeroux wrote:

time trial unlimited? what can one expect when having an unlimited car but not at the class of other unlimiteds? like will a million dollar unlimited be pissed to see a unlimited miata ahead of it?

Well, the million dollar unlimited car driving flat out knows that the unlimited Miata is ahead only because his tires are heat cycled out and the shock settings are way off. He also does not allow the TTE Miata to pass because its likely to burst into flames.

As a more serious answer, I finished in the middle of TTU with what should have been an under prepped TT3 car. There were TTC cars that ran a faster lap than I did, and I didn't notice any ire on my part or any of the other drivers that they got beat by a "lesser" car.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:58 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Yea, nothing more un-nerving than having a Miata pass you... :shock: