nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:39 am 
Offline
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:25 am
Posts: 236
Location: Back 40
Should have been at the 1st PittRace Eric, we had hail :) 2nd PittRace was much better weather and good times. I like PittRace, it bumped Putnam as one of my favorites. Think you'll like MO, its challenging and fun at the same time. Anxious to run NCM. Have heard good things about it from Jay Andrew who's run it a few times. Always look forward to new tracks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:24 pm 
Offline
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 8:56 am
Posts: 9
Great to have Jon to work with us. We will have a great team to help us develop!

Randy. Not going to make anything until the MW Region Autobahn last weekend in April & then not again until the June MO event. I'll make all the others, though.

Have not yet signed up for any Fridays, yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:03 pm 
Offline
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:25 am
Posts: 236
Location: Back 40
Royster wrote:
Great to have Jon to work with us. We will have a great team to help us develop!

Randy. Not going to make anything until the MW Region Autobahn last weekend in April & then not again until the June MO event. I'll make all the others, though.

Have not yet signed up for any Fridays, yet.


See you at MO in June then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:06 pm 
Offline
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:05 pm
Posts: 75
427R wrote:
Should have been at the 1st PittRace Eric, we had hail :) 2nd PittRace was much better weather and good times. I like PittRace, it bumped Putnam as one of my favorites.

Wow, glad I missed the hail.

427R wrote:
Always look forward to new tracks.

Agree with you there, learning new tracks is my favorite part. Right now I have the October Mid Ohio date penciled in my calendar.

_________________
Eric Ritz

2002 Corvette Coupe
Instructor, TT3, HPDE #82


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:03 am 
Offline
Forum Racer
Forum Racer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:26 am
Posts: 363
427R wrote:
Can't believe the lack of activity on here...guess winter has taken a strong hold. We're a little over 2 months away from MO, this place should be buzzing. So anxious for the season to start. Watching 24 Hours of Daytona got me riled up.


Loooong. Coooold. Winter. :lol:

Haha, I haven't even looked at my cars yet.

Hokie wrote:
Last year at the 2nd Pitt Race date, I came out to my first NASA-GL event and first time at Pitt Race. Mike was super helpful giving me a breakdown of the track before I got there, and then set up a ride-along once I got there. You all have great people and great organization out there.

Looking to join you guys again for an event or two this season. I haven't had the pleasure of driving Mid Ohio, so I'm looking to come out for a weekend there. Might even try to haul out for the NCM or Road America dates if the stars align.


Look forward to seeing you at MO or NCM!

_________________
Great Lakes - DE4 Group Leader
944 PTD
2014 Great Lakes PTC Champion
2012 Great Lakes TTF Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:06 pm 
Offline
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:30 pm
Posts: 6
Mike - great to hear that you'll still be instructing group 4 this year.

This may have been covered elsewhere, but now that group 3 and 4 are running separately, can you clarify if there are any changes? I only ask because last year I ran a Mid Atlantic Region event and their structure was to run group 3 with 100% open passing, and group 4 was reserved for instructors. The open passing sessions were incredible! Though I would have preferred one warm-up session with limited passing...

I've been running an NB Miata (BRGreen) the past few years, and in December I pulled the trigger on an E46 M3! I'm a little apprehensive about the 1,000 pound weight increase, along with the increased running costs associated with it, but I can't wait to unleash its anger on the track! (also I'm looking forward to learning about the lower half of the traction circle that is currently only explored in my dreams)

Can't wait for another season!

_________________
Image

Rent a track car!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:28 am 
Offline
Forum Racer
Forum Racer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:26 am
Posts: 363
zeusbap wrote:
Mike - great to hear that you'll still be instructing group 4 this year.

This may have been covered elsewhere, but now that group 3 and 4 are running separately, can you clarify if there are any changes? I only ask because last year I ran a Mid Atlantic Region event and their structure was to run group 3 with 100% open passing, and group 4 was reserved for instructors. The open passing sessions were incredible! Though I would have preferred one warm-up session with limited passing...

I've been running an NB Miata (BRGreen) the past few years, and in December I pulled the trigger on an E46 M3! I'm a little apprehensive about the 1,000 pound weight increase, along with the increased running costs associated with it, but I can't wait to unleash its anger on the track! (also I'm looking forward to learning about the lower half of the traction circle that is currently only explored in my dreams)

Can't wait for another season!


Thanks!

Yes. 4 will be open passing. We will have a warm up for the first session with the DE3 group every morning. Then split off to have our own sessions.

Nice. You'll love the M3. Very fun to drive! Ah, might be a little more weight...but don't forget about the 425hp that goes along with it!

_________________
Great Lakes - DE4 Group Leader
944 PTD
2014 Great Lakes PTC Champion
2012 Great Lakes TTF Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:36 am 
Offline
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:25 am
Posts: 236
Location: Back 40
I'm soooo tired of winter. Got another 5" of white stuff yesterday. Hopefully, this is the end, supposed to warm up this weekend and be in the 50's next week. Need some warm weather so I can get in the garage and start getting the car ready. Looking forward to spring and MO.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:12 am 
Offline
Forum Racer
Forum Racer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:26 am
Posts: 363
427R wrote:
I'm soooo tired of winter. Got another 5" of white stuff yesterday. Hopefully, this is the end, supposed to warm up this weekend and be in the 50's next week. Need some warm weather so I can get in the garage and start getting the car ready. Looking forward to spring and MO.


Yeah, why do I live in the rust belt?

Going to focus on getting my S197 TT ready for this season for now. I'll also be working with a friend in TT1 too. My SN95 has some work to be done to get it ready. But there is also a "want to do" list for that car. S197 just has normal upkeep to get it back to track ready.

Randy or Roy - do you have a diff cooler on your S197/SN99? Every session I drove mine, I boiled the fluid and forced it out of the axle seals. Going to install a Bobs Auto Sport Axle Reservoir soon as I can drive the car again. I have the Ford Racing veined diff cover already. This reservoir uses the driver side vent port and goes back into the diff cover top fill port. Giving the fluid somewhere to go when its hot and cool back down some.

_________________
Great Lakes - DE4 Group Leader
944 PTD
2014 Great Lakes PTC Champion
2012 Great Lakes TTF Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:45 am 
Offline
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 8:56 am
Posts: 9
Smike wrote:
427R wrote:
I'm soooo tired of winter. Got another 5" of white stuff yesterday. Hopefully, this is the end, supposed to warm up this weekend and be in the 50's next week. Need some warm weather so I can get in the garage and start getting the car ready. Looking forward to spring and MO.


Yeah, why do I live in the rust belt?

Going to focus on getting my S197 TT ready for this season for now. I'll also be working with a friend in TT1 too. My SN95 has some work to be done to get it ready. But there is also a "want to do" list for that car. S197 just has normal upkeep to get it back to track ready.

Randy or Roy - do you have a diff cooler on your S197/SN99? Every session I drove mine, I boiled the fluid and forced it out of the axle seals. Going to install a Bobs Auto Sport Axle Reservoir soon as I can drive the car again. I have the Ford Racing veined diff cover already. This reservoir uses the driver side vent port and goes back into the diff cover top fill port. Giving the fluid somewhere to go when its hot and cool back down some.


Can't remember maker, but I am running a diff cooler with a thermostatic control pump on the SN99. I mounted it horizontal under the rear most part of the bumper support. With the IRS this was pretty much a must have due to the lack of the axle tubes to act as a heat sink and the close proximity of the exhaust tubes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group