nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:51 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Apparently I was looking at an old aerial view of NCM. I found some newer shots and the area I was mentioning is now blacktop..the north paddock section. From the aerial shot I have, the garages are being built on the East side of the paddock, furthest away from the front stretch?
pradey-did you take Corvette Dr off KY 446 (turning left where the Shell station is on the corner and go past the museum) or go further down 446 and then turning left onto Porter Pike? Curious if trailers would have any issues with the winding road of Corvette Dr., looks like a narrow 2 lane.
Been on blacktop before (MO) in the summer heat. Bringing 2 canopy tents and plenty of fans. Generator will get a good workout. Hoping someone will bring a portable a/c unit so I can see if they really work.
From the aerial shot I have, looks like for trailers, the painted white lines are diagonal, a section on both the south and north paddock sections?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:45 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

The garages are being built next to the front stretch. There is a planned spot for additional garages where you mention, but they have not been started.

We took Corvette Dr by the Shell station. Was not towing and don't normally tow - so did not think about if trailers would have an issue or not. It didn't seem too narrow to me. Sorry, wasn't thinking about if trailers could make it or not.

The painted white lines I was talking about divide the paddock into two sections - just big rectangles.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:42 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

http://exclusive.multibriefs.com/conten ... automotive

8)

2012 Great Lakes TTF Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:47 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Good stuff as always Mike. Makes you think, envision and then want to go out and practice. Decided to try out the Harry's Laptimer for NCM. As you mentioned, I'm at a point now where the more help/advice/instruction I get the better I can drive. If I like it, I'll see how to hook it up to the cars electronics to capture some data.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:51 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Missed you at NCM Mike. Fun track, always learning and trying to figure it out. But most of all...IT WAS HOT AS HELL there, all weekend. But, had a good time till Sunday when I decided to lay some oil on the track...that was not fun.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:52 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Randy:

You need to see about making the trip to Road America next year. You will really enjoy the three long high speed runs & the technical sections are pretty fast too. Paddocks are the best of all the course we usually run at & they have flush toilet restrooms and hit showers... and... hand dipped ice cream at the snack bar.

Feel bad about the Shelby GT500 because I have one. He was way over driving the weight, suspension and tires and drove it into a wall. It appeared it was totaled. Went off coming out of keyhole where couple thunder racers did the same thing. This is why I won't run that car in Group 4.

Figured out and solved the loose feel on the Toyo RR's by adding another 3 lbs per tire and got them dialed in, so I like them now. 39 lbs hot off the track in front and rear did it. 2 lbs lighter in the rear was too loose.

Tried out a set of Pirelli Trofeo R's and they are an amazing tire. Can't wait to try them out at Autobahn & Mid Ohio. They only run 30-31 lbs hot.

Will be at Mid Ohio Thursday evening. Let me know what garage you will be in so I can locate closer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:46 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Think we're gonna run a full schedule next year and move up to TT3. Plan on sitting down with Paul (Paul's Engineering) and mapping out some upgrades for winter...suspension and GT500 ABS. So Road America will be on the list. Got the oil cooler hose fixed, easy fix for the shop. We'll be in Thur late afternoon as well, once garage assignments are posted I'll let you know. It'll be one of the drive thru's, probably 9-10 or 11. Since your car is lighter than mine, adding more air was probably a good move, didn't consider that.

See you at MO.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:13 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

She lives again!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:22 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

2011, 62000 miles. She let go at 7000 rpm and 80 mph. C3 Bank 1 is in pieces in the oil tray. Con-rod is in many pieces. Found the wrist pin and small end with nothing attached. Block was cracked. Oil pan was cracked. I'll be taking off the head and oil pan one of these weekends for more info.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:05 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Will we see it at MO or wait till next season?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next