nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:31 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

427R wrote:
Looking good Mike, know you are anxious to get the season going. Will you be running the "beast" at MO in a few weeks? Will be odd seeing you in porsche vs. stang.

Kinda surprised with the registration. We're 21 days away and still have registration open for DE3/4. Hopefully more will sign up as we get closer. Plan on shaking off winter cob webs Friday, get back into the groove and then have good Sat & Sun sessions.

Anxious to see some of the new 2015 stangs hit the track. Know PAE and POE racing have been working on theirs this winter. PAE will be using a lot of carbon fiber. Will get eyes on it next week when I take my car to them.

For sure! John (team owner) and I are very excited for the 2015 season!

First event has historically been like this. We'll start seeing more sign ups a week before this event. :)

Yeah, look forward to seeing how the S550 performs.

Ha, thanks John. We have GTS-5 on order 8)

2012 Great Lakes TTF Champion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:00 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Smike wrote:
427R wrote:
Not just late braking! It's also braking less! We can work on that :)

Been thinking on this comment, I'm real curious. At MO there are a few spots I can get by with using the brakes lightly to set the front tires, pretty much starting at turns 5 thru 10 & 13, places where I haven't built up enough speed to really need braking. Need to work on maybe even lighter braking, carry more speed in once fronts are set. The stangs have light butts, so i'm a little cautious of that, but keeping in the throttle some should help keep it from dancing out on me?? Looking forward to honing some driving skills better this year. Still don't think I've got the car at its breaking point yet.

Last edited by 427R on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:31 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

427R wrote:
Smike wrote:
427R wrote:
Not just late braking! It's also braking less! We can work on that :)

Been thinking on this comment, I'm real curious. At MO there are a few spots I can get by with using the brakes lightly to set the front tires, pretty much starting at turns 5 thru 10 & 13, places where I haven't built up enough speed to really need braking. Need to work on maybe even lighter braking, carry more speed in once fronts are set. The stangs have light butts, so i'm a little cautious of that, but keeping in the throttle some should help some?? Looking forward to honing some driving skills better this year. Still don't think I've got the car at its breaking point yet.

It also doesn't mean that you have to compress all the braking to the latest point possible. In some corners, lighter+longer, but shaving off less speed will be more stable and faster entry into the corner.

Here is Brain Fessler:

Yes, carry more speed. Use light brakes to transfer the weight and throttle to balance the car.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:00 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Enjoy watching Brian run, he's smooth and fast.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:23 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Interesting schedule for MO. Like it, especially the 30 min sessions on Friday and 25 min sessions at 350p Sat & Sun. Will the sun even be up for the All Hands Meeting Sat at 715a? It'll be fun running with the TT's. BTW, DiscountTireDirect is having sale on Nitto NT01's, plus $40 off and Free Shipping, just bought another set, at those prices, cant be beat. Looked at the Maxxis Vectra's RC-1's, none in stock for my size. Good price on them, plus the $50 towards an event fee program going on. Read some good reviews on them by BimmerWorld. Got brakes all done today, pads are good, changed out brake fluid, put in new, trying the new StopTech STR 660 this year. Good deal on them thru AutoAnything. Noticed the rear pads, outside pad wearing more than inside pad. Reversed them, but strange. Would think they'd wear even, no? Put on new rear rotors, the OEM's were due to be changed out. Piston boot on drivers side caliper needs replacing, think I'll just replace both calipers, easier than trying to do a rebuild. Car to PAE tomorrow for rear diff service and overall inspection. Get to see Brian's new 2015 Beast finally.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:42 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

427R wrote:
Interesting schedule for MO. Like it, especially the 30 min sessions on Friday and 25 min sessions at 350p Sat & Sun. Will the sun even be up for the All Hands Meeting Sat at 715a? It'll be fun running with the TT's. BTW, DiscountTireDirect is having sale on Nitto NT01's, plus $40 off and Free Shipping, just bought another set, at those prices, cant be beat. Looked at the Maxxis Vectra's RC-1's, none in stock for my size. Good price on them, plus the $50 towards an event fee program going on. Read some good reviews on them by BimmerWorld. Got brakes all done today, pads are good, changed out brake fluid, put in new, trying the new StopTech STR 660 this year. Good deal on them thru AutoAnything. Noticed the rear pads, outside pad wearing more than inside pad. Reversed them, but strange. Would think they'd wear even, no? Put on new rear rotors, the OEM's were due to be changed out. Piston boot on drivers side caliper needs replacing, think I'll just replace both calipers, easier than trying to do a rebuild. Car to PAE tomorrow for rear diff service and overall inspection. Get to see Brian's new 2015 Beast finally.

Yes, more time and 4 has its own run group!

Ha, it will be an early meeting. Bring coffee!

Normal for floating calipers as the force dispersion is not perfectly equal with the single piston.

Just aligned my street Mustang

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:08 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Don't like the weekend predictions about the weather. Sure hope it gets better.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:01 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

We all need to start the anti-rain dance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:31 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Well.....the predicted rain % has gone down for Th/Fr/Sa, we're now at 60% vs 90% reported yesterday. Whatever you're doing Mike, keep it up. Wonder if we can catch your anti-rain dance on YouTube??? :lol: With all the rain, guess we won't see any Club Course runs. A shame, I like the Club Course. Found some new, not remanufactured, Ford Motorcraft rear calipers. Hope to get them Friday and will put them on Sat or at MO Thur night. Car's been tech'd, by Paul's, so all I gotta do is get my sticker. Almost had a scare. Tech at Paul's said my harness's were expired. I said look again, they're FIA and SFI rated-G-Force, so they're good till 2017. All the Tech saw was the SFI tag. Plan on sending the harness's to G-Force this coming winter for re-webbing, under their Re-Web Program. Will buy a new set for driver and put the re-web set on passenger side.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:24 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

427R wrote:
Well.....the predicted rain % has gone down for Th/Fr/Sa, we're now at 60% vs 90% reported yesterday. Whatever you're doing Mike, keep it up. Wonder if we can catch your anti-rain dance on YouTube??? :lol: With all the rain, guess we won't see any Club Course runs. A shame, I like the Club Course. Found some new, not remanufactured, Ford Motorcraft rear calipers. Hope to get them Friday and will put them on Sat or at MO Thur night. Car's been tech'd, by Paul's, so all I gotta do is get my sticker. Almost had a scare. Tech at Paul's said my harness's were expired. I said look again, they're FIA and SFI rated-G-Force, so they're good till 2017. All the Tech saw was the SFI tag. Plan on sending the harness's to G-Force this coming winter for re-webbing, under their Re-Web Program. Will buy a new set for driver and put the re-web set on passenger side.

Good. We're still awaiting a tech. Thank you for reminding me about PAE. John is in Cinci too.

My race Mustang is on its last year as well for harnesses.

Haha, it looks something like this:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next