nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:59 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

It depends on what state you live in. If you live in Texas State Farm will cover an on track incident. Read the language of your policy (especially the exclusions). And for God's sake...DON'T ASK YOUR AGENT IF YOU ARE COVERED. You can read.

For my race car (STP) and trailer, I use Lockton Motorsports.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:45 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Was referred to a guy named Ben at theopentrack.com from a bunch of people at Rennlist. Spoke to them a month or so ago, their product is awesome and pricing seems pretty fair.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:08 pm 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

gobuffs wrote:
DON'T ASK YOUR AGENT IF YOU ARE COVERED. You can read.

I never expected to be covered by my auto insurance policy (USAA) but don't count on just pulling out your old policy if you've had the insurance a long time. My original policy, which was at least 20 years old, said nothing about track exclusions. The updates they mail out often have added exclusions, etc. I never read those. Trying to find the details of my policy online was next to impossible. When I crashed at VIR I gave it a shot and called USAA and told them exactly what happened, hoping for but not expecting coverage. When they did not get back to me for a week or so I called them to find out what was up. They explained that the policy was updated years ago to exclude any track related damage. When I asked what took them so long to get back to me if it was that cut-and-dried he said that since I had been a customer for over 30 years they sent a request for an exception all the way to the top only to have it nixed by legal. I thought it was very cool that they at least tried. There have been no negative repercussions. But USAA is a bit different.

In the past I've used Lockton but now that my (wrecked but repaired) car is worth less than $10k I don't bother.